Saturday, January 19, 2013

Two Weeks Old!

Our daughter, Chloe turned two weeks old today!



The past week has still been a lot of adjusting for us.  I think we're slowly trying to get into a routine, but I don't think you can expect a newborn to follow any routines.  We think we figured some things out one day and then the next day, there is something new or what worked the day before doesn't work the next day. I feel like I'm getting a little better at nursing, but still need a ton of practice. We also discovered and confirmed that between the hours of about 8pm to midnight, we can expect Chloe to get pretty fussy and inconsolable. She gets really hungry and almost angry during this time and has hurt me a few times while feeding. Though this morning, she seemed to have one of her really fussy periods again.  I must say it is the hardest part so far - watching your daughter so upset: you're worried something is wrong, frustrated that you can't calm her down,  in pain because she's actually physically hurting you and angry at yourself because you somehow think she's like this because of something you did or didn't do...

But I have to say, I get pretty stressed out during the hectic times, but once I take a look at my baby girl, it's all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment