Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chloe turns one month old!

Today was a big day for Chloe and me. She turned 1 month old and I completed my one month confinement period (I did cheat since I went to the Doctor's office, the photographer's studio and Day One...)! I can't believe it's been a month - in some ways it feels like the days just flew by, but in some other ways, I felt like so much has happened.  I still look at Chloe and wonder how on earth we now have a daughter in our lives!

For this occasion, we did a few things for Chloe:

  • A dyed some red eggs for Chloe the night before
  • Chloe's one-month nanny boiled water with onion and tea to wash Chloe's hair 
  • My parents, the one-month nanny and I drove around San Francisco with Chloe and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge together
  • Chloe and I visited my parent's house and I fed her for the first time at Grandma and Grandpa's home
  • We ate outside for the first time with Chloe
  • We weighed Chloe and she is now 8 pounds 7oz!  
Chloe was a bit fussy this evening and I think it's from all the activity and the fact that our one-month nanny is leaving us tomorrow. I am bracing myself for not having an experienced nanny around 24/7 to help us out with cooking, feeding and taking care of our baby. A and I are officially on our own! We're thankful for the Nanny and are definitely sad to see her leave.

Happy One-Month Birthday Chloe - you're the most precious thing in our lives and all these exciting things await you in this world!


No comments:

Post a Comment