Friday, February 15, 2013

Fussy baby

Chloe has had a hard couple days. Yesterday, she basically refused to eat almost all day.  She would feed on one side and then fall asleep and not be interested in the other. And then she basically spit up more than half of her feeding when she was bottle fed both in the daytime and evening and cried through most of her bottle feeding.  A's bottle feeding with her took 2 hours!

I was really concerned that she had severe reflux since it felt like eating really hurt her. After have a little bit of milk, both by bottle and breast, she would start crying hysterically.  So I called our pediatrician and he told us to go in to visit so he could check her out.

Chloe weighed in at 8 pounds 15 ounces, and the doctor said that things seem ok.  Everything we're experiencing was "normal" for Chloe's age.  Although it was slightly reassuring, I can't help but think this isn't the norm.  I feel like Chloe is much harder to feed than normal and is a bit fussier - but then again, who determines normal and how would I know what other babies are like since I'm not with them 24 hours a day!

We're really trying everything we know to make things better for Chloe - various soothing and calming techniques, gas drops, gripe water, various feeding positions, every bottle in the market - and nothing seems to work - or at least nothing seems to work for more than a few minutes or one instance.  It's very frustrating!  I'm really hoping it's just a phase. Despite all this, I'm really trying to treasure every moment with Chloe. She's changing every day and is really the cutest thing ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment